- Our Commitment
- Protecting your personal data and maintaining your trust is core to our mission at Tap. We pledge to respect your privacy, to be transparent about our data practices, to keep your data safe, to never sell any of your personal data, to let you decide how your information is shared, and to only collect data that helps us improve our products or services.
- Collection and Use of Information
- While using our Products, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data. This may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
Cookies and Usage Data
We also collect and/or receive various types of information from you via the Products that you use, including, without limitation, device, network, performance and usage statistics. We use this data to improve the Products and to enhance our customers’ experience. As examples, we use the information collected to debug and improve the functionality of our Products.
We may also collect your personal contact information from your correspondence with us and/or other communications channels. We use this information to offer user support, beta testing communities, surveys, competitions and similar services, as well as to respond to you concerning
the matter for which you contacted us and to improve our service.
We also collect industry standard data from everyone who visits our website(s). This includes log data that automatically records information about your visit, such as your browser type, operating system, the URL of the page that referred you, the different actions you performed, and the IP address you used to access pages on the Site. We use this type of information in an effort to provide you with an experience that’s relevant to you, to prevent site misuse, and to ensure the site is working properly. We also collect data from cookies.
We may share your information with third-party organizations that help us provide our Products (“Service Providers”) such as providers of hosting services or analytics tools. Our Service Providers will only be given access to your Personal Data to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Whenever we collect credit card information or other financially-sensitive information, it is encrypted and securely transmitted to us. We also protect your financially-sensitive information offline. Only Tap personnel who need that information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to that information.
- Some of our business partners may use “cookies” on their respective websites. Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device). However, we have no access to or control over these cookies.
- Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Tap Systems Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish additional information about the Personal Data we hold about you and/or if you want it to be removed from our systems, please visit us at support.tapwithus.com.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to update, correct or delete your Personal Information. You can request that we update, correct or delete your Personal Data by contacting us at support.tapwithus.com.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Our website may contains links to other sites that we do not operate. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personal data.
- We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website. This includes Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We also use HeatMap as an analytics product. By combining both analytics tools and visual heatmap representations, HeatMap helps us understand how to improve your user experience. HeatMap’s tracking codes automatically collect and store information based on your activity on our site. This information includes: mouse and touch activity (but no keyboard activity); device screen size; geographic location (country only); pages visited; and date and time when website pages were accessed
HeatMap respect the “Do Not Track” setting of your browser. All major Internet browsers now let you specify “Do Not Track” that sends a signal to the websites you visit, asking to not collect any data about your browsing activity. Additionally, you can opt-out by accepting our “opt-out cookie” at https://heatmap.me/privacy#
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads . Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 . Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
- Surveys & Contests
- From time-to-time our website may request information from you via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our Products.
- Children’s Privacy
- We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your minor child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
- Group Companies
- We may share your information with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies as Tap, or that become part of that group (“Group Companies”). Group Companies may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve our Products (including by providing analytics and data analysis) and Group Companies’ own services.
- Change of Control
- If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Tap or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution or liquidation), information from or about our users may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Contact Us